AMP Legal Nurse Consulting provides a variety of medical-related services to legal professionals. With over 10 years of clinical nursing experience and medical record analysis for hospitals, critical care units and the government, our team provides your legal team with the results you need to complete a case in a timely and affordable manner.
From the onset of a potential case AMP Legal Nurse Consulting professionals can:
- Screen cases for merit
- Summarize, translate, interpret and organize medical records
- Identify and review relevant medical records, hospital policies and procedures
- Assess alleged damages
During a case, our team can objectively:
- Identify factors that caused or contributed to alleged damages
- Prepare interrogatories as needed
- Define the applicable standards of care
- Define deviations from and adherences to applicable standards of care
- Organize, tab and paginate medical records and create chronologies
- Conduct medical research; educate paraprofessionals on resources
- Review, analyze and summarize depositions, including past testimony
Additionally our team can:
- Research and analyze the validity and reliability of research studies relied on by all parties
- Expand a firm’s medical library
- Interview clients, key witnesses and experts
- Consult with healthcare providers
- Identify types of testifying experts needed
- Locate and interface with expert witnesses
- Communicate with potential testifying experts
- Analyze and compare expert witness reports and other work products
- Serve as liaison between the attorney and healthcare providers, testifying experts, parties, witnesses and other consultants
- Assist in exhibit preparation.
- Prepare deposition and trial (cross and direct) questions with trial team
- Attend depositions, trials, review panels, as well as arbitration and mediation hearings
- Help prepare witnesses and experts for the deposition and trial
- Develop written reports for use as study tools for attorney
- Coordinate and attend independent medical examinations (IME)
- Develop life care plans and vocational rehabilitation plans
- Coordinate and assist in facilitating focus groups and mock trials.
Contact founder, Suzanna Doty, RN, BSN, CEN, CLNC today to discuss how she can jump in and assist your medical legal team.